Challenge BioTask is an environmentally friendly microbial cleaner, designed to tackle a wide range of hydrocarbon stains. Biotask's dual action emulsifies the contaminant, then its natural microbes quickly digest the residue.
Challenge BioTask cleans spilled oil and petroleum from surfaces such as:
- rail ballast
Challenge BioTask accelerates biodegradation of hydrocarbons to help reduce clean-up times.
How to use BioTask
- Ideal for removing stains from concrete, asphalt and block paving/li>
- Apply Biotask to contaminated area
- Scrub Biotask and allow to penetrate
- Rinse off thoroughly
- Further applications may be necessary on stubborn stains
Cleaning of Concrete, Asphalt, etc.
- Dilution: Between 1:5 and 1:20 dependant on age and severity of contamination.
- Application: Apply BioTask to the affected area, scrub in and allow to penetrate the stain. Rinse with clean water. Re-apply if necessary.
Railway Ballast Cleaning
- Dilution: Between 1:5 and 1:8 dependant on the age and extent of hydrocarbon contamination.
- Application: Apply 1 litre of diluted BioTask to every 0.5m3 to 1m3 of ballast. Use of a backpack or pressure sprayer is recommended. Rake in if possible and re-apply if necessary. To improve the immediate appearance of the rail ballast, cover the affected area with BioCat™ Spill Absorbent.
Contaminated Soil, Land and Water
- Dilution: Dependant on the extent of contamination.
- Application: The affected area will normally require a site survey before we can recommend a tailored solution, please contact us for further details.
- BioTask can be diluted with warm water the day before use. This will enhance the microbial effect.